AC2101: If NTU-C were to record the abovementioned transactions on 31 January, 28 February and 15 March 20×2: Accounting Recognition and Measurement Assignment, NTU, Singapore

NTU Cooperative (“NTU-C”) adopts a 31 December financial year-end. On 1 January 20×2, NTU-C launched a student loyalty program where every 10-dollar sale entitled students to one loyalty point on producing their student matriculation card. Write My Assignment Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments Native Singapore Writers Team 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay Highest Satisfaction Rate Free Revision On-Time Delivery Students could buy an NTU T-shirt at $5 (instead of the usual selling price of $10) with 10 loyalty points. Students could earn loyalty points for sales occurring in January and February 20×2 but they had up to 15 March 20×2 to redeem their loyalty points. NTU-C expected 65% of the issued loyalty points would be redeemed for NTU T-shirts and maintained this expectation throughout the loyalty program. NTU-C issued a total of 80,000 and 70,000 loyalty points in January and February 20×2 respectively. Students redeemed 50,000, 30,000 and 13,000 points for the discounted NTU Tshirts in January, February and March 20×2 respectively. Between January and March 20×2, NTU-C was selling the NTU T-shirts at $8 each as part of its return-to-campus promotion. The cost of a NTU T-shirt was $3.50 each, which included a contribution of $0.50 per T-shirt that NTU-C would donate to NTU Student Bursary Fund at the end of the financial year based on the total number of NTU T-shirts sold in the year.  Ignore all tax effects. 3 Required (a) If NTU-C were to record the abovementioned transactions on 31 January, 28 February and 15 March 20×2, show the necessary journal entries and their supporting workings to record the transactions (to the nearest dollar) in accordance with SFRS(I) 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers. (b) Assume instead of the abovementioned student loyalty program, NTU-C had a “spinthe-wheel” program where students were allowed to spin a wheel one(1) time for every 10 dollars of purchase made in NTU-C. Students had a 60% chance of landing on the “Option to buy a NTU T-shirt at $5” (instead of the usual selling price of $10) and 40% chance of landing on “Thanks for shopping with NTU-C”. To claim their “win”, students who landed on the “Option to buy a NTU T-shirt at $5” would need to pay for the discounted T-shirt on the spot. Explain whether the “spin-a-wheel” program qualifies as “customer options for additional goods or services” under SFRS(I) 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers. Describe how NTU-C should account for a sale of $15 where the student landed on the “Option to buy a NTU T-shirt at $5” and decided to buy the discounted T-shirt. No journal entries are needed. Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades Get A Free Quote

QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM

(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)

CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS

The Best Custom Essay Writing Service

About Our Service

We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.

Qualified Writers

  • At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
  • Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
  • We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
  • We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
  • It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
  • Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.

Our Guarantees:

  • Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
  • On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
  • Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
  • Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.
CLICK TO SUBMIT YOUR ORDER